[Bioperl-l] Splitting Bioperl and Test related Suggestions

Nathan S. Haigh n.haigh at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Jul 5 14:43:51 UTC 2007

Chris Fields wrote:
-- snip --

>>> I agree, although would the dev releases still need to pass all the
>>> tests? I'm thinking of people installing via CPAN.
>>
>> For example, that's another point.
>>
>>      -hilmar
>
> Yes, I agree.
>
> As an aside, I don't think dev. releases pop up when you run a simple
> 'install Foo::Bar' from the CPAN shell but I'm not sure; Sendu may know
> the answer to that.
>
> chris

Thats right, it'll only install the non-developer releases (1.4
currently). If you want to install the developer release from CPAN you
need to know the path the archive and then do:

cpan> install S/SE/SENDU/bioperl-1.5.2_102.tar.gz

as detailed on the wiki:
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Release_1.5.2

Nath