[Bioperl-l] Installing all modules required for testing

Nathan S. Haigh n.haigh at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Jul 5 14:22:40 UTC 2007

Sendu Bala wrote:
> Nathan S. Haigh wrote:
>> Is there a way to install all the modules that are used in the tests?
>> I mean there are cases where tests are skipped and pass if the
>> required module for testing is not installed. Therefore, missing out a
>> chunk of the tests. It would be desirable to be able to install all
>> these modules in order to complete they whole test suite - any ideas
>> if/how this can be done?
>
> Yes, add them as recommended (or perhaps 'build_requires') modules in
> Build.PL, then run Build.PL and install the modules when it asks you.
>
> Everything should be in Build.PL already. If I missed something, please
> add it.

OK, to clarify using the test file Sendu mentioned in a previous post:
t/SeqIO.t

This test skips tests if Algorithm::Diff, IO::ScalarArray or IO::String
are not installed (the first two are not mentioned in Build.PL).
However, if there are a lot of such skips in the whole test suite then
there maybe few system with all these modules installed in order to
conduct a complete test. These are the modules I'm referring to.

Nath