[Bioperl-l] Issues with new Bio::Tools::Run modules for Genemark and Glimmer

Mark Johnson johnsonm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 22:29:36 UTC 2007

On 2/28/07, Dave Messina <dmessina at wustl.edu> wrote:

> > I'm not thrilled with the prospect of talking them out of a
> redistributable model file.
>
> I suppose it's not possible to fake your own, or at least the parts of it
> you're testing for?

We got a gzipped tarball with some model files and a precompiled executable
(gmhmmp).  As far as building a model file goes, I don't even have two
sticks to rub together.  I suppose it's possible that it's not actually some
weird proprietary format, I'll go dig for some docs...but I don't hold out a
lot of hope.