[Bioperl-l] need help in Bio-SCF

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 21 12:08:57 UTC 2007

On Feb 21, 2007, at 5:17 AM, Sean Davis wrote:

> On Wednesday 21 February 2007 03:19, neeti somaiya wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I downloaded module
>> Bio-SCF-1.01<http://search.cpan.org/%7Elds/Bio-SCF-1.01/>from CPAN.
>> And I am trying to install it when I got the following error. Can
>> someone
>> please guide me.
>
> You will probably need to read the INSTALL document.  You need to
> install a
> couple of libraries first.  Looks like you don't have the staden io-
> lib
> installed.

Just to note, this module isn't part of BioPerl (I don't even think
it has a Bioperl interface).  You'll probably need to contact Lincoln
for details on using this module.

One thing you may run into is errors with the version of io_lib
installed (a problem I've encountered with bioperl-ext), probably
from API changes.  If you run into problems with newer versions of
io_lib you should try downgrading to io_lib 1.8.11 or 1.8.12.