[Bioperl-l] Bioperl 1.4 to 1.5.2, adding qualifiers to Bio::Seq-objects

Adam Sjøgren adsj at novozymes.com
Thu Feb 8 08:55:50 UTC 2007

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 11:50:13 -0600, Chris wrote:

> This works for me using bioperl-live (Mac OS X):

> ok 1 - Qualifier note found
> ok 2 - Qualifier db_xref found

*slaps forehead*

Thanks for the test - your diagnose was spot on:

> If you haven't uninstalled 1.4, make sure you aren't running 1.4 or
> mixing the two versions (you can check by using 'perldoc -l
> Bio::Root::Root').

I had a modified version of Bio::Seq and Bio::SeqFeature::Generic in
my @INC (added, and promptly forgotten, writing the patch mentioned
here: <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general/13349/>).

Removing those and patching 1.5.2 fixed my self-inflicted problem.

  Thanks again!

     Adam

--
                                                          Adam Sjøgren