[Bioperl-l] RNA folding

Caroline Johnston johnston at biochem.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Feb 6 11:52:08 UTC 2007

Hello,

I've just joined the list - I'm a Bioinformatics PhD student at Essex
University doing transcriptomics-related things. Mainly microarray
analysis and more recently looking at RNA structure prediction.

I was thinking about having a go at writing a bioperl-run wrapper around
some of the structure prediction stuff, but according to the wiki this is
being done already (at least for the Vienna tools). I spoke to Albert
Vilella at the EBI the other day and he said Chris Fields was the man to
speak to. So could he (or anyone) let me know what the current state of
RNA structure prediction tools in bioperl is?

Cheers,
Cass xx