[Bioperl-l] perl 5.10 released

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Thu Dec 20 04:52:16 UTC 2007

> May be something in Module::Build or Build.PL that needs tweaking.

I took a quick look-see and I'm pretty sure it's Module::Build.
Specifically, Module::Build::Base::write_config(), where there are three
calls with coderefs as parameters to _write_data() to match the three
coderef errors we are seeing at the end of 'perl Build.PL'.

_write_data() in turn calls Module::Build::Dumper::_data_dump() and uses
some ugly Data::Dumper voodoo to serialize.

I don't understand the voodoo well enough to explain why this appears only
with Perl 5.10, though; it sure looks like it should have with 5.8, too.

> Strangely, the Ontology tests properly get skipped under 5.8.
>
> May be worth looking into.  Have you added it to the wiki?

Uhhh, yeah...of course! (just now)

Should be a simple fix after the post-svn thaw.

Dave