[Bioperl-l] perl 5.10 released

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Wed Dec 19 17:49:32 UTC 2007

> XML::Parser used to be shipped with a number of perl distros even
> though it isn't core.  We should add a require to these.

Agreed.

> - RNA_SearchIO fails a few tests.
>
> These are very likely from recent commits I made re:GenericHSP and use
> of bits(), raw_score(), etc. (the fails look like missing/switched
> vals with these method tests).  I'll fix these post-svn migration, but
> I don't think these are related to 5.10.

Agreed -- I doubt this is 5.10-specific.

> - Bio::Ontology::SimpleGOEngine::GraphAdaptor throws an exception
> > because Graph::Directed isn't installed.
>
> Odd, that should be caught out before tests are run.  Needs to be
> fixed, but one would think this would fail as well under 5.8.

Yep, and in a minute here I'll test it under 5.8.

> > - Spidey fails one test.
>
> Passes for me.  Is it dependency-related?

I don't think so, but I guess we'll see once I finish installing the
dependencies. Here's what I got:

t/Spidey........................ok 1/26 Can't call method "sub_SeqFeature"
on an undefined value at t/Spidey.t line 24, <GEN1> line 170.
# Looks like you planned 26 tests but only ran 3.
# Looks like your test died just after 3.
t/Spidey........................dubious

        Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
DIED. FAILED tests 4-26
        Failed 23/26 tests, 11.54% okay

Dave