[Bioperl-l] Bioperl 1.5.2 RC5

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Mon Nov 27 14:50:08 UTC 2006

Nathan Haigh wrote:
> I just checked out RC5 and ran "perl Build.PL" I get:
>
> Can't locate object method "new" via package "Module::Build::Notes"
> (perhaps you forgot to load "Module::Build::Notes"?) at
> /home/bo1nsh/cvswc/bioperl-1-5-2/ModuleBuildBioperl.pm line 633.

What version of Module::Build do you have installed? Does your
Module/Build/Base.pm not 'use Modules::Build::Notes' somewhere near the top?

Try upgrading to v0.2805 of Module::Build and let me know if that solves
the problem.

(If you don't have Module::Build installed at all, didn't you get some
kind of prompt to install it?)

Thank you,
Sendu.