[Bioperl-l] Bioperl install question.

Nathan S. Haigh n.haigh at sheffield.ac.uk
Fri Nov 24 09:35:01 UTC 2006

Caitlin wrote:
> Hi Nathan,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply. I wasn't able to locate a Perl Package
> Manager GUI from the Start menu. The only options displayed are:
>
> Documentation
> OLE Browser
> Perl Package Manager
>
> Clicking on 'Perl Package Manager' loads ppm in a console window (i.e.
> non-GUI environment). Should I re-install ActivePerl? If so, that would
> eliminate my installed modules wouldn't it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> ~Katie

It sounds like you probably have a version of ActivePerl < 5.8.8.819. If
this is the case, download and install the latest ActivePerl version >=
5.8.8.819. If you do a reinstall into the same location as your current
ActivePerl installation you will probably maintain all the currently
installed modules - but I can't say for definate.

Once you have ActivePerl >= 5.8.8.819 installed, you should be able to
follow the instructions in the link I provided previously.

Nath