[Bioperl-l] Minor changes to Build.PL for Windows

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Thu Nov 23 10:48:05 UTC 2006

Sendu Bala wrote:
> Scott Cain wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just wanted to mention that I made a few minor changes to Build.PL so
>> that I could get `perl Build.PL` to complete successfully.  I am using
>> ActivePerl 819 and don't have MySQL installed (so DBD::mysql isn't
>> present either.  The main thing I did was to have the BioDBGFF test
>> subroutine quit without asking any questions if Build.PL detected that
>> it was running on Windows.
>
> Is it completely impossible for it to pass under Windows? I find that
> quite a shame!
>
> I'm surprised it was necessary to make your changes, because it already
> had to return true from:
[snip]

Sorry, that all made no sense because I didn't pay attention to what
changes you actually made.

Anyway, I've re-done the BioDBGFF auto-feature testing. Can you say if
being on mswin still causes a problem, or can the excludes_os
restriction on line 78 of Build.PL be lifted now?

Cheers,
Sendu.