[Bioperl-l] Error message for installation

L Xu ryanx07 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 20 20:42:47 UTC 2006

I got an error message when I installed Bioperl through ActivePerl following
the online instruction about window installation:

ERROR: Installing File-Spec-0.82 would downgrade File::Spec from version
3.12 to 0.82 and File::Spec::Functions from version 1.3 to 1.1 and
File::Spec::Mac from version 1.4 to 1.2 and File::Spec::OS2 from version 1.2
to 1.1 and File::Spec::Unix from version 1.5 to 1.2 and File::Spec::VMS from
version 1.4 to 1.1 and File::Spec::Win32 from version 1.6 to 1.2

It looks like the Bioperl 1.4 using some old version files compared to
ActivePerl. I wonder if these old version files can cause some problems and
how to fix them.

Thanks and happy thanksgiving.