[Bioperl-l] Budle::BioPerl dependency issues

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Sat Nov 18 14:35:38 UTC 2006

It probably doesn't need to be pulled, just updated to fix errors,
spelling, etc.  The problems reported with GD are common and normally
are due to libgd issues or C code compilation problems during the
test run (the DEPENDENCIES doc and wiki page indicate this).  DBI/
DBD::mysql is another one that sometimes requires finessing (I
remember it giving problems on CygWin and Mac OS X).  Chris D.
probably just needs a list of issues that need fixing.  You also have
to realize we're heading into Thanksgiving so some people may be
incommunicado for the time being.

Spelling is the main problem.  Beyond that there really isn't
anything we can do about those requirements beside not requiring them
(i.e. removing them then explaining that particular components won't
work), but then it wouldn't be a proper Bundle package.  It's a
catch-22.  If there isn't a place in the install docs yet some of
these issues could use a bit more detail or explanation, or at least
redirect to some proper installation instructions based on the platform.

I think, now that this is on CPAN, you'll likely see many more
questions popping up.

Chris (F.)