[Bioperl-l] StandAloneFasta::version

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Tue Nov 7 09:15:41 UTC 2006

Nathan S. Haigh wrote:
> I agree, I was going to update the tests later this morning :-P  Any
> thoughts about version() or should I just leave it be for now?

If its no trouble, go ahead with a version() method. Its nice to have in
any case. I'd suggest your latter option of 'there be a function that
does a compare internally so it can be accessed something like:
print "we have met the min version requirement\n" if
$factory->at_least_version('3.4t26');'
In fact, it ought to work with '34t26b3' as well (I guess the method
would try what it was given, and on failure, try again with the last 2
characters removed, then try both cases again with a decimal added if
there wasn't one).