[Bioperl-l] return undef

Torsten Seemann torsten.seemann at infotech.monash.edu.au
Mon Nov 6 20:41:24 UTC 2006

> I set up the following page a couple of days ago to house some scripts
> that can be used to do audit checks of code:
> http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Auditing

Your 'grep' patterns should probably have "\s+" rather than " " between
keywords as often coders have used multiple spaces or tabs.

Your 'die/confess/...' patterns require a "(" after them. I'd say those
functions are used without parentheses about half the time, eg. die "ech!";

Explicit "return undef" aren't too hard to find. It's the hidden ones where
it's "my $value; ...lots of code...; return $value;" which are hard to identify.

--
Torsten Seemann
Victorian Bioinformatics Consortium, Monash University, Australia