[Bioperl-l] StandAloneFasta::version

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 6 21:21:10 UTC 2006

Nathan,

Weren't the problems with the reported StandAloneFasta.pm test fails
due to differences in the returned order of the Hits/HSPs in the
FASTA reports from the different versions?  The test results you
posted on the wiki (where I commented on this) seem to indicate that:

not ok 11
# Test 11 got: "0" (t/StandAloneFasta.t at line 75)
#    Expected: "994"
#  t/StandAloneFasta.t line 75 is: ok $hsp->num_identical, 994;
not ok 12
# Test 12 got: "1977" (t/StandAloneFasta.t at line 76)
#    Expected: "994"
#  t/StandAloneFasta.t line 76 is: ok $hsp->length, 994;
ok 13
not ok 14
# Test 14 got: "0" (t/StandAloneFasta.t at line 88)
#    Expected: "994"
#  t/StandAloneFasta.t line 88 is: ok $hsp->num_identical, 994;
not ok 15
# Test 15 got: "1977" (t/StandAloneFasta.t at line 89)
#    Expected: "994"
#  t/StandAloneFasta.t line 89 is: ok $hsp->length, 994;

It looks like a value is returned for the tests, so parsing isn't
broken.  They just aren't returned in the order specified, so the
tests are faulty, not the parsing.  The tests could be fixed by using
id/score key/value pairs in a hash or something similar.  We probably
shouldn't limit to a specific version unless parsing is actually broken.

Chris