[Bioperl-l] possible bug printing GenBank feature qualfiers

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 31 03:50:40 UTC 2006

I tried this on WinXP (I'm using bioperl-live) and got a warning:

-------------------- WARNING ---------------------
MSG: Unexpected error in feature table for  Skipping feature, attempting to
recover

Running using debugging shows that no feature key was found in
_read_FTHelper_GenBank.  So I'm getting an error, but on input not output.
In fact, turning on -verbose in the SeqIO input object gives the below extra
output, whereas turning -verbose on only in the output object just gives the
warning above.

C:\Perl\Scripts\gb_test>test.pl
no feature key!