[Bioperl-l] Species name validation problem

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sat Mar 25 05:42:18 UTC 2006

The option would be in Bio::Species, not Bio::Seq. You can circumvent
the name validation by passing an array ref to
$species->classification() and anything that evaluates to true as the
second argument. This is for instance what the genbank parser does
(which doesn't mean that it is always correct); supposedly the
swissprot parser ought to do the same.

   -hilmar