[Bioperl-l] Request for comments: Bio::DB::GFF3 namespace

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Tue Mar 21 23:56:39 UTC 2006

I would suggest under the Bio::DB namespace (e.g.,
Bio::DB::SeqFeature), that keeps all the database access
interfaces/implementations in one place.

Alternatively, go with along with the Bio::SeqFeature::CollectionI
name as the base interface, i.e., implementations would then go under
the Bio::SeqFeature::Collection namespace. If this is the critical
interface being implemented (it sounds like it is?), the naming would
be in line with the pattern used elsewhere (Bio::LocationI and
Bio::Location::*, Bio::SeqFeatureI and Bio::SeqFeature::*, Bio::SeqI
and Bio::Seq::*).

My few cents ...

     -hilmar