[Bioperl-l] urgent help required - syntax for using paramatersdifferent from default in standalone blast

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Sat Mar 11 19:11:31 UTC 2006

What version of bioperl are you using?  What OS?  Always a good idea
to give these details.  Although I believe there is a major reworking
of the Bio::Tools::Run BLAST modules planned I'm pretty sure that
everything still works, at least in the latest developer version.
Lots of people are running it so I'm guessing something is wrong with
the logic here otherwise we would have heard about this a while ago.

I'm not an expert about this module either but I believe Brian's
right about _READMETHOD.   When using SearchIO directly this is set
using "-readmethod => 'SearchIO'" for text, 'blastxml' for xml, and
'blasttable' for tabular.  According to the POD for StandAloneBlast
SearchIO::blast is default;  have you tried not using that flag
(removing it)?  Does the matrix you're using exist in the /data
directory?

Chris