[Bioperl-l] New Microbial Bioinformatics Resource Center open

Chris Larsen clarsen at vecna.com
Tue Mar 7 16:22:28 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'd like to announce here the opening of a new public website for
organismal bioinformatics. It's the BioHealthbase site:

http://www.biohealthbase.org/GSearch/

This resource was created using bioperl support, and a GBrowse set of
pages. (Can it be added to the list of GBrowse-using DBs?)

Our Northop/Vecna/UTSW BRC was recently established under the NIAID BRC
program, which targets specific organisms that might be used in BioTerror
projects (thankfully, not open source). Our team is competent and diverse,
coming from Cognia, Celera, TIGR, and elsewhere. A nearby BRC operates at
TIGR in Rockville. We focus on Francisella (tularensis), Influenza (flu),
Mycobacterium (TB), Giardia, Microsporidians, and others.

Check it out. We've just done release 1, and look for feedback (send
direct to me). Many of the features would not have been possible without
perl.

Thanks for all your dev,

-chris

Chris Larsen, Ph.D.