[Bioperl-l] Bio::TreeIO functions

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Tue Mar 7 15:01:46 UTC 2006

On Mar 7, 2006, at 9:01 AM, Lucia Peixoto wrote:

> Hi
> so bad that there's no collapse function yet, If I come up with
> something
> usefull I'll add it
Shouldn't be hard to do -  give it a shot - for the node you want to
collapse N, get N's ancestor A, add the children of N as children of
A instead, remove descendents of N, and then delete N.
  I'll add a note to the wiki Project priority list so that it is
tracked.

> On the other hand, the remove_nodes function, even if it removes
> the selected
> nodes and its children, alters the newick format and the end
> results can't be
> opened by any tree viewer, anyone has has a similar experience?
I've not had a similar experience, myself and others have used it to
prune trees successfully.  Are you using bioperl 1.5.1 or the latest
code from CVS?

> I guess I should post this in bugzilla

please do and include a simple code sample that demonstrates the
problem.