[Bioperl-l] Suggestion about Bio::Structure::SecStr::DSSP::Res

Torsten Seemann torsten.seemann at infotech.monash.edu.au
Mon Mar 6 03:06:08 UTC 2006

Zhiqiang Ye,

>       I have a suggestion about  Bio::Structure::SecStr::DSSP::Res.
> The dsspcmbi program has a argument -ssa, if we use this argument,
> the dsspcmbi program will change the Cys's name from 'C' to 'a', 'b',
> 'c'...  if this Cys has formed disulfide bridge.  So, I would suggest
> that this module's construction method could have anothger argument to
> indicate with -ssa or not.  If with -ssa, this module can provide
> another method about disulfide bridge information.

The Bio::Structure::SecStr::DSSP::Res module is for reading and parsing
a DSSP output file.

It does not run dsspcmbi for you, therefore any "-ssa" option for the
constructor of that module is not meaningful.

--
Torsten Seemann <torsten.seemann at infotech.monash.edu.au>
Victorian Bioinformatics Consortium