[Bioperl-l] DNA distance methods [was Bio::Tools::Phylo::PAML with(baseml from PAML package)]

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Sun Jun 25 17:20:12 UTC 2006

Exactly.  Also on the page it says (in the descriptionfor
Bio::Align::DNAStatistics):

In order to use these methods there are
several pre-requisites for the alignment.

   1
   DNA alignment must be based on protein alignment. Use the subroutine
aa_to_dna_aln    in Bio::Align::Utilities to achieve this.

 Etc etc etc

The rest of the pre-reqs also mention that the sequences should be
coding sequences.  Because of this, I thought DNAStatistics was only for
coding sequences and could not be used for non-coding sequences...

Anyway, I've gotten past my troubles and am on to finish this project.
I think the isssues I ran into others might run into as well.  I'd be
happy to contribue what I can but need to finish this stuff first...
Thanks for all your help Jason, Chris, Sendu!

Ryan