[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::ClustalW output redirect?

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Sun Jun 25 01:21:56 UTC 2006

According to the docs ( ;> ) the default behaviour is to return "a BioPerl
Bio::SimpleAlign object which can then be printed and/or saved in multiple
formats using the AlignIO.pm module"; you should be able to do something
like:

use Bio::AlignIO;
my $aln_factory = Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::Clustalw->new();
my $aa_aln = $aln_factory->align(\@aa_seq);

my $al_out = Bio::AlignIO::new(-format => 'clustalw',
                               -fh     => \*STDERR);

$al_out->write_aln($aa_aln);

Chris