[Bioperl-l] For CVS developers-potentialpitfall with "return undef"

Scott Cain cain at cshl.edu
Wed Jun 7 23:02:43 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 17:26 -0500, David Messina wrote:

> Failures in 5/12 version of bioperl-live but NOT in today's version
> - OntologyStore.t -
> Neither OntologyStore.t or Bio/Ontology/OntologyStore.pm have been
> touched between 5/12 and today.
>
> The error looks like a transient network problem to me, but I'm not
> sure:
> -------------------- WARNING ---------------------
> MSG: [1/5] tried to fetch http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/
> *checkout*/song/ontology/so.definition?rev=HEAD, but server threw
> 500.  retrying...
> [REPEATED 5 times -Dave]
>
> t/OntologyStore..............FAILED tests 3-6
>          Failed 4/6 tests, 33.33% okay

That is a problem with the cvs server at SourceForge (where the Sequence
Ontology is hosted).  I changed the module that tries to get that file
(I don't remember off hand what it was).

Scott

Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                         cain at cshl.edu
GMOD Coordinator (http://www.gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory