[Bioperl-l] Truncate sequence with features

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at sanbi.ac.za
Fri Jun 9 07:35:12 UTC 2006

Roy,

The definitive document describing the locations is the feature table
definition:

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/embl/Documentation/FT_definitions/feature_table.html#3.5

but you probably know that already.

Two questions come to mind:

1. Can you parse your joint location using bioperl without errors?

2. Is there a practical advantage in including a location which has no
relevance to the sequence in hand?

I notice that the /partial qualifier is deprecated and the docs suggest using
</> signs to indicate that the sequence is partial, so I guess what you are
doing is  correct.

	-Heikki