[Bioperl-l] http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Bptutorial.pl

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 1 17:13:30 UTC 2006

So basically have a minimal set of installation instructions in CVS and a
more detailed installation instructions on the wiki.  Sounds reasonable
enough but bioperl is a pretty complex distribution (lots of additional
modules required, platform-specific issues, so on).  Maybe we can come up
with a pared-down INSTALL file which combines the basic elements for
installing on UNIX/Windows/Mac/FreeBSD and points out dependencies.

I still like the idea of just having a simple conversion from wiki->txt
direct from the web page (i.e. best of both worlds).

Chris