[Bioperl-l] Memory requirements for conversion from embl to genbank

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 31 23:23:41 UTC 2006

>> We'll try to do what we can, but only within the bounds of not
>> breaking
>> code, performance, losing sanity, etc.
>
> I have never argued. I'll stop poisoning your mailboxes. Thanks for
> all the fixes.
> Will upload my current patch for your convenience, I hope.
> M.

Not my point to stop your posts.  What I'm trying to get across to
you is we can only do so much with sequence input that is already bad
(i.e. misformatted) to begin with.  We can't break working code to
fix bad sequences.

Regardless, please remember what I posted about submitting bugs.
Your recent additions to the various bug reports in Bugzilla have
little to do with your original bug summaries, so should be either
posted as new bugs or sent to the mail list.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher
Lab of Dr. Robert Switzer
Dept of Biochemistry