[Bioperl-l] How to get rid of warnings

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sat Aug 19 12:47:30 UTC 2006

There is a variable Bio::Root::VERBOSITY which is returned by
Bio::Root::Root::verbose() if called as a function (as opposed to a
method).

The accompanying comment says that this would enable global verbosity
setting, but I don't see the piece of code that would actually set
the variable, let alone defaulting the per-instance value to it if a
different one was never set.

I'm not sure whether I'm overlooking something (quite possible) but
if I'm not this sounds like a bug. Also, I thought that the value of
some environment variable would be taken into account but in the code
I don't see any indication of that being true either.

If no-one sets me straight can you file this as a bug report?

	-hilmar