[Bioperl-l] A blast result file parsing exception

deepak shingan deep_ans at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 8 04:10:23 UTC 2006

Hi All,
  I have a bio-perl parser which parse a blast result file. It works fine for some files but for some files it throws following exception

  ------------- EXCEPTION: Bio::Root::Exception -------------
MSG: Can't get identical or conserved data: no data.
STACK: Error::throw
STACK: Bio::Root::Root::throw /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Bio/Root/Root.pm:328
STACK: Bio::Search::Hit::GenericHit::matches /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Bio/Search/Hit/GenericHit.pm:852
STACK: parserMethod.pl:56
I am sending the parser code and a temporary blast file on which this exception is generated .
  Please throw some light and please help me.

  Thanks
  Deepak