[Bioperl-l] [Gmod-gbrowse] Planned New BioPerl release and Bio::DB::SeqFeature

Lincoln Stein lincoln.stein at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 21:15:20 UTC 2006

Hi Chris,

Bio::DB::SeqFeature::Store now has regression tests for the in-memory,
berkeleydb, and mysql adaptors. The tests don't cover as much of the modules
as I would wish, but they're not bad. I discovered several bugs and
inconsistencies while implementing the regression tests, and so I suppose
that this is a good sign.

Lincoln

On 8/14/06, Chris Fields <cjfields at uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Scott, Lincoln, et al,
>
> We are gearing up for another developer release (v. 1.5.2, with a target
> date for RC1 by Sept 15th).  Sendu Bala is taking up the helm of Release
> Pumpkin for this one.  We hope to continue points releases up to the next
> stable release (v1.6, which we would like to get out by summer 2007).
>
> We had some questions about Bio::DB::SeqFeature (for GFF3 support).  Is
> the
> current implementation sufficiently stable for this release?  We haven't
> heard much about it (besides the commit messages via Bioperl-guts) and
> didn't know what test files and test cases were available.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Christopher Fields
> Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
> Dept. of Biochemistry