[Bioperl-l] finding position of every instance of a pattern in asequence

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at DEVGEN.com
Sat Sep 3 16:19:24 EDT 2005

Hi Andrew,
One way you could do it, is to use the external EMBOSS application
fuzznuc or dreg. There is a API available in bioperl-run
(Bio::Factory::EMBOSS). Nice thing is that you can give the EMBOSS
option -rformat2 gff so that your output is in GFF. The latter can
easily be turned into a feature object:
my $tag = Bio::SeqFeature::Generic->new(-gff_string => $gff);

HTH,
Marc