[Bioperl-l] How to assess sequencing quality with Bioperl?

Nathan Haigh n.haigh at sheffield.ac.uk
Fri Sep 2 05:01:26 EDT 2005

I'm sure other people will have better, more indepth help, but to get you
started, I can point you in the right direction - but I haven't had to deal
with trace files myself - yet!

You will need to use Bio::SeqIO. The following HowTO shows the supported
formats inc. trace file formats: http://bioperl.org/HOWTOs/html/SeqIO.html.

Have a read through the Bio::SeqIO.pm file, there is mention of needing to
install the Staden "io_lib" package, as well as the Bio::SeqIO::staden::read
package available from the bioperl-ext repository.

Nathan