[Bioperl-l] How to determine if GenBank record contains...

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Wed Nov 16 14:52:32 EST 2005

That works Barry.  Thanks!

Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Moore [mailto:bmoore at genetics.utah.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 2:34 PM
To: golharam at umdnj.edu; bioperl-l at portal.open-bio.org
Subject: RE: [Bioperl-l] How to determine if GenBank record contains...

Ryan-

See if the two method calls in the eval statement below don't get you
what you want.

  my @CDS_feats = grep { $_->primary_tag eq 'CDS' }
$seq->get_SeqFeatures();
  print '';
  for my $feature (@CDS_feats) {
      my $location = $feature->location;
      eval {
          print "Single Sequence:\t", $location->is_single_sequence,
"\n";
          print "Split Type:\t", $location->splittype, "\n\n";
      }
  }

Barry