[Bioperl-l] Install Bioperl Errors

Julie Huxley - Jones j.huxley-jones at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk
Mon Nov 7 06:43:00 EST 2005

Dear Sir / Madam

I was wondering if you could help. I have tried to install bioperl
1.4 onto my apple OSX system and have come across some errors. I
attach a file containing the history of the installation.

Could you help me with the errors in make test as a few of the
segments did not install. I have errors using make install as at the
end of the script there is a permission error although I have root
access.

Please can you tell me whether the errors in make test can be
overcome and whether I need to be in my home directory or bioperl-1.4
directory to perform the make install etc / any reason why the last
error occurred.

Thanks

Julie Huxley - Jones
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell-Matrix Research
Faculty of Life Sciences
University of Manchester
Michael Smith Building
Oxford Road