[Bioperl-l] Re: RPMs for Bioperl and GMOD

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Mon Jan 31 16:28:25 EST 2005

On Jan 31, 2005, at 7:35 AM, Lincoln Stein wrote:

> Perhaps we should split the modules into bioperl-db and
> bioperl-db-oracle.
>
> And so forth.

Sure you could ... but where do you draw the line? E.g.,
gbrowse-pgsql-png-no-gif-SVG-no-staden-Ace-berkeleyDB.rpm ... I mean,
applying this to all dependencies will lead to permutations of several
dependencies - which I'm not sure will further the goal of making it
easier on the end user's end ...

Just my two cents ...

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org