[Bioperl-l] Help can't solve an internal 500 error

David Humphreys d.humphreys at victorchang.unsw.edu.au
Wed Jan 26 20:55:12 EST 2005

Hi bioperl-groovers,

Has anyone ever seen the following error message?

MSG: WebDBSeqI Request error:
500 Can't connect to eutils.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80 (Bad protocol 'tcp')

I have traced previous threads from the archives but they appear to
be slightly different internal 500 error. What is confusing me the
most is that the script that leaves this error worked perfectly on my
older machine (running win XP) but not on my colleagues machine (also
running XP). The errors cascade from deep within bioperl and I have a
feeling it has something to do with the way the machine is setup
rather than the scripts themselves. Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Dave