[Bioperl-l] Nearly OT question(s) - across databases

grassi.e at virgilio.it grassi.e at virgilio.it
Mon Jan 24 06:55:15 EST 2005

Hello everybody,

first of all I'd like to apologize for my poor english and the not very
 "bioperlic" question.
I've got a list of ests from the stanford database and I need to obtain
their unigene cluster and possibly gene-id (the stanford database doesn't
supply this informations for all the ests).
My question is: is there a quick way to do this using bioperl?
I'd prefer to download the databases that are needed rather than connecting
to them remotely, because it would be too time-consuming.
As long as I usually use plain perl I'm looking around the entrez gene databases
to understand the better way to gain the data that I need; but I was wondering
if using bioperl would help me.

Thank you,
Elena Grassi