[Bioperl-l] bioperl-run for windows?

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Sun Jan 23 15:11:07 EST 2005

It uses perl system calls to execute a program - usually just the
backticks approach.

Honestly I have no idea how much success you will have.  If you use
Cygwin it will probably do okay for most programs, but I have never
made any attempt to run any of it myself under windows. You'll have to
see if any other list members have experiences.  We tried to make the
code flexible (adding .exe to the names of executables, etc) when the
program is being run on windows.

You'll just have to give it a try and report in with problems.

-jason