[Bioperl-l] reading multiple swissprot records from a single file

Daily, Kenneth Michael kmdaily at indiana.edu
Wed Jan 5 15:48:57 EST 2005

I'm having trouble using bioperl to parse a file with multiple (thousands) of swissprot records in them. Is there a way to do this with SeqIO and such? The way I understand it, if I use a filehandle to read in the data, it still is expecting only one record in the file. Can I use a FH to read in a record, which ends with //, then put this variable into a SeqIO object to manpulate it? I need to look at each record and decide if I want to keep it based on the features it has. I have a program using standard parsing techniques but want to do this with bioperl if possible. Thanks for any help.

Kenny Daily
IU School of Informatics
kmdaily at indiana dot edu