[Bioperl-l] GuessSeqFormat problems

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Mon Aug 15 18:11:45 EDT 2005

Albert -

I think the new guessing changes for phylip are causing havoc.   Lots
of tests are failing t/GuessSeqFeature.t.  Can you take a look?

I was looking over this module - it seems like we probably want to
run the tests in a particular order as some matches are ambiguous and
we probably need to have preferred order. At least we'll know when
something fails, what the order.

Another thing is it uses open directly instead of allowing Root::IO
to open a filehandle.  If went to using Root::IO, it would allow
peeking at not only a file but a filehandle/stream and then use
_pushback after we have peeked over the first few lines, guess the
format, then pass it along to the SeqIO/AlignIO handle appropriately.

Anyways, just thoughts...

-jason
--
Jason Stajich