[Bioperl-l] all tests pass [was Re: Fixing bioperl] [was Re: Analysis features]

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Mon Aug 1 22:31:12 EDT 2005

I'm getting all tests passing for me on OSX and a few different linux
machines with different complements of aux modules installed.  I fixed
some minor things that were breaking.

We want to setup a nightly 'make test' cronjob on one of the obf
servers -- just need someone to have enough time to do it...  there are
a lot of different subset of aux modules installed + perl version + OS
combos to try out so we need to know what is breaking if it is.

I was really hoping someone would step up to push 1.5.1 out which is
just a release off the main trunk and then think about a schedule for
1.6.  Can anyone help outline what must get fixed for 1.6 so there can
be a checklist that people can help on (and to know when we are ready
to release).  I guess ideally this would be done on a wiki, but mailing
list can suffice too.

-jason
On Aug 1, 2005, at 3:53 PM, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> On Aug 1, 2005, at 12:45 PM, Scott Cain wrote:
>
>> I run make test frequently; what I do less often is pay close
>> attention
>> to the result.  When working with bioperl-live, one gets a little numb
>> to test failures :-/
>
> I know, and it's not a good situation.

Jason Stajich
http://www.duke.edu/~jes12