[Bioperl-l] updates, new code, invitation to contribute

James Wasmuth james.wasmuth at ed.ac.uk
Wed Apr 27 05:19:02 EDT 2005

> So what is happening when someone "fails" to install bioperl? Did that
> person try to install all dependencies and then gave up over the
> ensuing hassle?

When I first installed BioPerl through CPAN it seemed that the whole of
CPAN distribution was loading onto my computer. Okay, it wasn't but it
took an age. I can see how people not too used to dealing with Perl
modules could think something has gone wrong. Perhaps a "Don't Panic in
large friendly letters" should appear as its being installed. Seriously
though, new users just need to be told to be brave.

anyway my 2p worth

-james

p.s.

> There are a lot of bugs sitting in the bugzilla queue.

I'll start having a look at some over the weekend. I've been silent due
to other commitments, but could do with the distraction

--
"Until man duplicates a blade of grass, nature can laugh at his so-called scientific knowledge...."
            --Thomas Edison

Blaxter Nematode Genomics Group   |
Institute of Evolutionary Biology |
Ashworth Laboratories, KB         | tel: +44 131 650 7403
University of Edinburgh           | web: www.nematodes.org
Edinburgh                         |
EH9 3JT                           |
UK                                |