[Bioperl-l] Entrez Gene ASN.1 solution

Mark Lambrecht mark_lambrecht at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 08:17:52 EDT 2005

Hi Mingyi,

The indexer is based on simple regex parsing, and
could easily be used to plug in other existing ASN.1
parsing routines, such as yours.
As you suggest, we could make an option to choose for
populating bioperl Seq objects or for populating the
newly proposed Gene objects with the data.  I'll have
a look at this but this will probably not make it in
our first commit to the bioperl cvs repository.

Cheers,
Mark