[Bioperl-l] overloading of methods and ptkdb

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Fri Apr 8 20:28:24 EDT 2005

I'm overdue on this, which I guess isn't a surprise.

I had a conversation with Aaron and as the first step I'll follow his
suggestion to write up test cases that clearly define the required
behaviour and changing the test case to make them succeed if they don't
otherwise will not be an option.

If the refactored code can't be fixed in a reasonable manner (i.e., w/o
black magic) to meet the tests all the SeqFeatureI and related
refactoring will be rolled back on the main trunk.

If the tests can be met I'll still have an uneasy feeling but given the
facts will have to give for that part.

The performance concerns are still valid I think but we should revisit
those separately then.

If you can identify the statement(s) in ptkdb (WTHIT?) that throw the
error I can incorporate those into those tests. Or you add appropriate
ones yourself.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org