[Bioperl-l] Entrez Gene parser

Stefan Kirov skirov at utk.edu
Thu Apr 7 14:57:25 EDT 2005

No. That was also Hilmar's concern. So I followed his advice to use
wantarray, so if you do

$so = $eg->next_seq;
you get get only one Bio::Seq object,
but if you do
my ($gene,$gstruct,$uncapt)=$eg->next_seq;

you get everything. Actually this is in the documentation, though it is
pretty sketchy right now.
Stefan

Brian Osborne wrote:

>Stefan,
>
>I'm concerned about people using next_seq() in the standard way:
>
>$so = $eg->next_seq;
>
>They'll be expecting a Seq object but getting that "uncaptured" information,
>yes?
>
>Brian O.

Stefan Kirov, Ph.D.
University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
5700 bldg, PO BOX 2008 MS6164
Oak Ridge TN 37831-6164
USA
tel +865 576 5120
fax +865-576-5332
e-mail: skirov at utk.edu
sao at ornl.gov

"And the wars go on with brainwashed pride
For the love of God and our human rights
And all these things are swept aside"