[Bioperl-l] Ask help for Bio::Tools::Run::Primer3

Thomas J Keller kellert at ohsu.edu
Wed Sep 29 16:45:04 EDT 2004

Hi Tony,
Jason answered this question not too long ago. I happened to have saved
his answer (pasted below). Note that he gave the path to primer3_core

>> Hello Bioperlers
>> I have been trying to use the BioPerl-run Primer3.pm module to run
>> primer3. In doing so I think I have found 2 bugs that prevent it from
>> working properly (I hope this is the right place to ask this).
>
> This is exactly the right place to ask this question
>

>> The line
>> my $executable = $self->{'program_dir'}.$self->{'program'};
>> I think should be
>> my $executable = $self->{'program_dir'}.$self->{'program_name'};
>> otherwise the primer3 executable is never found using the -path option
>> in a call to the constructor
>> my $primer3 =
>> Bio::Tools::Run::Primer3->new(-path=>'/usr/mbin/primer3_core',-
>> seq=>$seq,
>> -outfile=>"temp.out");

and rob - I think you want to call $self->program_dir and $self->program
so they can overriden as well - that's why I set up the Base Class to
have
these methods.