[Bioperl-l] Re: [Gmod-schema] Bioperl OBO format parser

Allen Day allenday at ucla.edu
Sun Sep 26 23:41:50 EDT 2004

correct, there is not one in bioperl.  there have been a few short threads
about wanting one, but no-one has broken down and written (or in chris'
case committed) it yet.

i'd really like to see it appear though, even if outside bioperl!
bugfixing and extending the current bioperl GO-format parser is... less
than easy.  my impression is this is largely due to (1) the GO file
format, and (2) unnecessary layers of abstraction in Bio::Ontology*

-allen