[Bioperl-l] problem parsing MEME file

James Thompson tex at biosysadmin.com
Tue Sep 21 23:37:46 EDT 2004

Stefan,

> >That does make sense, I'll get started on it this weekend. I think I'll try
> >my hand at adding Bio::Matrix::PSM::ProtMatrix, a lot of the DNA stuff seems
> >hardcoded into the SiteMatrix object.

> Indeed, it is my fault, but you know everyone does what he is really
> interested in....

That makes sense. There's a lot of clever stuff in SiteMatrix.pm, so this might
take me a bit of time to generalize to amino acid alphabets.
Bio::Matrix::PSM::ProtMatrix is under development as we speak, should I talk to
Chris about getting CVS access to upload what I've done thus far? Right now
I've got the constructor and should I talk to Chris about getting CVS access to
upload what I've done thus far? Right now I've got the constructor finished and
tested, and I'll probably ask for input on how to finish out a few of the
methods (especially calculating the IUPAC consensus for amino acids and
returning regular expressions for matrices).

You can view what I've done so far here:

http://bioinformatics.rit.edu/~tex/bioperl/

I've basically ripped off SiteMatrix.pm and I'm translating it subroutine by
subroutine. I'll keep you and the list posted as I keep working on this. :)

James Thompson